Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Haunted Mansion: A Benjamin Johnson Nightmare

March 1998

My dream is to become a private detective. Speaking of which, I had this nightmare while on vacation in Hyderabad.

The police had ruled out a human hand behind the deaths of random pedestrians. I set out to bust the myth that supernatural snakes are working in packs to prey on those who walk the streets.

All I remember is a scientist who had genetically engineered cobras, or were they pythons? Boy, I had a fertile imagination. But I can never forget how he had burned his lab to the ground, and the secrets died with him.

I woke up the next morning and understood why I needed to become a private detective. There are a few individuals who use their power of knowledge to con ignorant people, which makes it my responsibility to share that power with those who live in the darkness of superstition.

No comments:

Post a Comment