Sunday, June 10, 2007

Saluting the Influences on Atlas Reborn


For the creative side, I grew up watching English films and serials. ‘Planet of the Apes’ and ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’ triggered my affinity for the genre. But it was Michael Crichton’s ‘Congo’, ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘The Lost World’ that inspired me to become a writer. ‘Star Wars’ redefined the word saga. Yet, my intention was to have my concept grounded in a familiar galaxy.

I am not unaware of the chaos that surrounds me. Some may dismiss Atlas Reborn as a simple adventure story, but it is a possibility of sorts. Even though the work is fictitious, it can become a reality one day. In a world where civilians bear the brunt of political agendas, wars and imposed ideals, a peaceful approach is essential. Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King, to a large extent, have been my inspiration. One doesn’t have to dissolve political borders to bring peace. Merely create cultural bridges to end conflicts. The very term Atlas Reborn means a refreshed approach to seeing the world as a global village.

No comments:

Post a Comment